General IIS related questions
What is normalization
- What is an index and types of indexes. How many number of indexes can be used per table
- What is a constraint. Types of constraints
- What are code pages
- What is referential integrity
- What is a trigger
- What are different types of joins
- What is a self join
- Authentication mechanisms in Sql Server
- What are user defined stored procedures.
- What is INSTEAD OF trigger
- What is the data type of the surrogate key?
- What are the steps to build the data warehouse?
- What are the different architectures of data warehouse?
- What are the advantages data mining over traditional approaches?
- What is the difference between view and materialized view?
- What is the main difference between Inmon and Kimball philosophies of data warehousing?
- What is junk dimension? what is the difference between junk dimension and degenerated dimension?
- Explain the .NET architecture.
- How many languages .NET is supporting now? - When .NET was introduced it came with several languages. VB.NET, C#, COBOL and Perl, etc. The site DotNetLanguages.Net says 44 languages are supported.
What are different transaction options available for services components ?
There are 5 transactions types that can be used with COM+. Whenever an object is registered with COM+ it has to abide either to these 5 transaction types.
Disabled: - There is no transaction. COM+ does not provide transaction support for this component.
- What are the new Data Controls in Asp.net 2.0?Data access in ASP.NET 2.0 can be accomplished completely declaratively (no code) using the new data-bound and data source controls. There are new data source controls to represent different data backends such as SQL database, business objects, and XML, and there are new data-bound controls for rendering common UI for data, such as gridview, detailsview, and formview.
- Why do you use Option Explicit?
- What are the commonly used data types in VBScript?
- What is a session object?
- What are the three objects of ADO?
- What are the lock-types available in ADO? Explain.
- What are the cursor types available in ADO? Explain.
- What is a COM component?
- How do you register a COM component?
- What is a virtual root and how do you create one?
- What is a database index, how do you create one, discuss its pros and cons?
What distributed process frameworks outside .NET do you know?
Distributed Computing Environment/Remote Procedure Calls (DEC/RPC), Microsoft Distributed Component Object (DCOM), Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA), and Java Remote Method Invocation (RMI).
What are possible implementations of distributed applications in .NET?
- What’s a Windows process? It’s an application that’s running and had been allocated memory.
- What’s typical about a Windows process in regards to memory allocation? Each process is allocated its own block of available RAM space, no process can access another process’ code or data. If the process crashes, it dies alone without taking the entire OS or a bunch of other applications down.
What is view state and use of it?
The current property settings of an ASP.NET page and those of any ASP.NET server controls contained within the page. ASP.NET can detect when a form is requested for the first time versus when the form is posted (sent to the server), which allows you to program accordingly.