Here is a collection of .Net 3.0 Interview Questions and Answers. I hope you find the list useful. Also, if you see any question un-answered feel free to answer it for the benefit of everyone. You can also Ask A Question using the link in the Menu above. Keep learning, keep sharing, keep posting.
.Net Interview Questions
Windows Forms Interview Questions
What base class do all Web Forms inherit from?
What is Multi-tasking ?
What is Multi-threading ?
What is a Thread ?
Did VB6 support multi-threading ?
Can we have multiple threads in one App domain ?
Which namespace has threading ?
Can you explain in brief how can we implement threading ?
How can we change priority and what the levels of priority are provided by .NET
What does Addressof operator do in background ?
How can you reference current thread of the method ?
What’s Thread.Sleep() in threading ?
- Explain the .NET architecture.
- How many languages .NET is supporting now? - When .NET was introduced it came with several languages. VB.NET, C#, COBOL and Perl, etc. The site DotNetLanguages.Net says 44 languages are supported.
- What are the new Data Controls in Asp.net 2.0?Data access in ASP.NET 2.0 can be accomplished completely declaratively (no code) using the new data-bound and data source controls. There are new data source controls to represent different data backends such as SQL database, business objects, and XML, and there are new data-bound controls for rendering common UI for data, such as gridview, detailsview, and formview.
What distributed process frameworks outside .NET do you know?
Distributed Computing Environment/Remote Procedure Calls (DEC/RPC), Microsoft Distributed Component Object (DCOM), Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA), and Java Remote Method Invocation (RMI).
What are possible implementations of distributed applications in .NET?
- What’s a Windows process? It’s an application that’s running and had been allocated memory.
- What’s typical about a Windows process in regards to memory allocation? Each process is allocated its own block of available RAM space, no process can access another process’ code or data. If the process crashes, it dies alone without taking the entire OS or a bunch of other applications down.
What is view state and use of it?
The current property settings of an ASP.NET page and those of any ASP.NET server controls contained within the page. ASP.NET can detect when a form is requested for the first time versus when the form is posted (sent to the server), which allows you to program accordingly.
Is it necessary to lock application state before accessing it?
Only if you’re performing a multistep update and want the update to be treated as an atomic operation. Here’s an example:
Application[”ItemsSold”] = (int) Application[”ItemsSold”] + 1;
Application[”ItemsLeft”] = (int) Application[”ItemsLeft”] - 1;
What is different b/w webconfig.xml & Machineconfig.xml