- Does SQLClient and OLEdb class share the same functionality
- How can we load multiple tables in to Dataset?
- What is the difference between data reader & data set
- Why edit is not possible in repeater?
- Difference between SqlCommand and SqlCommandBuilder?
- How many records can take clustured index in SQL Server?
ADO.Net Interview Questions
Explain what a diffgram is and its usage ?
How do you handle data concurrency in .NET ?One of the key features of the ADO.NET DataSet is that it can be a self-contained and disconnected data store. It can contain the schema and data from several rowsets in DataTable objects as well as information about how to relate the DataTable objects-all in memory. The DataSet neither knows nor cares where the data came from, nor does it need a link to an underlying data source.
ADO.NET 2.0 Multiple Active Resut Sets per connection in Sql Server 2005 (MARS) FAQ
Q: What is MARS?
A: MARS is a new feature in ado.net 2.0 and Sql Server 2005 that allows for multiple forward only read only result sets.
EDIT There is a great article on MARS up at the technet site. It is a must read for basic understanding of MARS. I am specially impressed with the “Transaction Semantics” section http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/marssql05.mspx
Q: What is MARS for an ado.net developer?